The furnace in your home is responsible for keeping you and your family warm when the temperatures drop outside. At High Desert Heating, we specialize in furnace maintenance, furnace service, and furnace repair. Our team of highly trained and experienced technicians knows and understand the importance of keeping our customers warm on those cold winter nights, and we can diagnose and repair any furnace issues you may have.
The best way to ensure that your furnace is functioning correctly and does not require any repair is to schedule routine maintenance. When the technician comes to perform furnace maintenance, it should include the following:• Thermostat- The thermostat will need to be checked to make sure it is properly calibrated. Improper calibration can increase your energy cost by as much as 8% per degree the thermostat is off.
• Heat Exchanger- The contractor or technician will inspect the heat exchanger, which can develop cracks as the furnace ages. If cracks are found, they will need to be fixed immediately to prevent toxic fumes from entering the home and causing severe illness.
• Lubrication- The furnace contains many moving parts that will need to be adequately lubricated to prevent any unnecessary and costly damage or equipment failure.
• Cleaning- It is vital to the efficiency and longevity of your furnace to make sure that it is clean, and there is no buildup of dirt and debris.
• Air Filter- It is essential to make sure the air filter is not dirty; a dirty furnace filter will cause the unit to work harder putting excess strain on the unit and potentially causing permanent and costly damage.
One of the best times to have any repairs done to your furnace is during the routine furnace maintenance. By catching the repairs early, you can save time, money, and potential damage to other parts of the furnace. Since the contractor or technician is already on scene and working on the furnace, it will also save you money in extra service calls. Some of the most common repairs that are found during furnace maintenance include:• Fan- The furnace fan blades can become bent or loose and will need to be fixed before the furnace is being used daily.
• Belts- Belts can become cracked or damaged over time, and if caught during furnace maintenance, they can be easily replaced before they fail or cause any damage to the rest of the furnace.
• Burner- If the furnace burner is coated in dust and debris, it can prevent it from lighting. Since furnace maintenance includes cleaning this problem should be taken care of prevented.
• Ignition- Many furnaces operate using an electronic ignition and over time and use the ignition can become covered in dirt and debris affecting the performance of the ignition. Once again, routine furnace maintenance should eliminate this inconvenience and repair.
High Desert Heating is an expert in the fields of furnace maintenance, furnace repair, and furnace service. Our team of highly skilled and experienced technicians can assess and diagnose any furnace problem you have, and the safety and comfort of our clients is our priority so schedule your furnace maintenance with us today to prevent you and your family from being left out in the cold.